Plateau Perspectives is an international charity that supports local communities and organizations in mountain regions to find and develop long-term solutions that improve people’s resilience and quality of life while protecting their natural environment, particularly under conditions of climate change and globalisation.
WHOM WE SERVE
Mountain regions and communities in the Tibetan Plateau, Himalayan and Central Asian regions.
WHAT WE DO
Under the broad purview of sustainable mountain development, Plateau Perspectives’ main programme areas include environmental conservation, community health, education and training, income generation, and – as emergency needs arise – disaster relief and social assistance for people and communities from target regions.
Plateau Perspectives has five distinctive characteristics:
- We integrate biodiversity conservation and community development
- We develop partnerships with local communities, government and NGOs
- We consider local and global environments, cultures, and knowledge systems
- We aim to develop successful, replicable models of development
- We seek to achieve sustainability in all fields of work
Plateau Perspectives is registered in Canada (reg. no. 88353 511 RR0001) and Scotland (reg. no. SCO36202).