Plateau Perspectives is an international non-profit organization dedicated to supporting local communities and organizations in mountain regions to find and develop long-term solutions that improve people’s quality of life and protect their environment.
WHOM WE SERVE
Mountain communities in the Tibetan Plateau, Himalayan and Central Asian regions.
WHAT WE DO
Our main programme areas include environmental protection, community health, basic education and poverty alleviation. Disaster relief and social assistance also may be undertaken as needs arise.
Plateau Perspectives (PP) has five distinctive characteristics:
- PP integrates biodiversity conservation and community development
- PP develops partnerships with local communities, government and NGOs
- PP considers local and global environments, cultures, and knowledge systems
- PP aims to develop successful, replicable models of development
- PP seeks to achieve sustainability in all fields of work
Plateau Perspectives is registered as a non-profit organization in Canada (88353 511 RR0001), Scotland (SC036202) and China (Qinghai, 78144734-9).